"The goal is to become the unique, awesome, never to be repeated human being that we were called to be." -Patricia Deegan

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How to Lose a 10 Second 5k PB

Break Rules 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 from previous list.

Really, I am hypothesising two causes for the 'average' result last night:

(1) Lack of fluidity in hips, due to not having my usual Monday massage or a chiro visit (felt like a newborn giraffe with my legs about to give out from under me at any moment).

(2) A small virus, elevating my heart rate, which meant that my effort was harder.

Or maybe I just didn't try hard enough.

 

Anyway, I am consoling myself with the fact that Rolf DNF'd. He's really good at laying down on the grass during track races. He's elevated it to an art form :)

No comments:

Post a Comment