"The goal is to become the unique, awesome, never to be repeated human being that we were called to be." -Patricia Deegan

Sunday, May 29, 2011

My Mum is So Cool

Today, in Canada, my mum completed a 25km "baby ultra." She's obviously even more serious than me, as I can see she wore two timing devices! That's my sister, the power lifter just in front :)

I think I just got them all hooked on the Hammer Perpetuem Solids, too. My power lifting siblings think they have potential for when they have to "cut" (lose weight/dehydrate themselves) just before a comp. Interesting how different our sports are!

This week I enjoyed a bit of recovery time, mentally and physically. I know I'll be building up again now towards World Trails. It was nice that my regular sports chiro, Jon Tan is back from leave because he is really good at finding trigger points in my hips. I also had the usual painful but helpful massage and a good yoga session. It does take a lot to keep this body going!

Thanks so much to those who have offered support and encouragement for my trip to Ireland. I broke the trip down into cost per km of running. So far I can run 11.2 kms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment